Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

What happened?

I did say, they might surprise us again, and so they did.
Well, I hope it’s just nerves. Yesterday, July 15, was DLSU’s 2nd game and it was against the NU Bulldogs.

Just a short background - the Green Archers last game, last season was against NU. It was a sweet victory for NU because in UAAP history (24 years since LaSalle came in), that’s only the 3rd time they've beaten LaSalle in basketball. Even if they won that game, they won’t get into the Final Four, it’s just ending on a high with bragging rights. For LaSalle, however, it’s such a sorry loss, because it’s the first time in their UAAP history that they didn’t get into the Final Four. I remember feeling sad and dismayed about the game, watching the Archers falter.

I don’t know what happened yesterday. Both teams scored very low, 59-55 if I’m not mistaken. And it’s not because of good defense, it’s more of poor offensive plays. The players weren’t at their best. First half, MBE, NU’s key player was just dominating it, drilling it, point after point. And it paved the way for a big lead for NU. They also got big men on the court. Of course, in person, I’m sure the Green Archers are also big but not as gigantic as NUs and I think they’ve used that so much to their advantage. And 3-point shooting wasn’t working at all for DLSU.

I was sad watching the game. I thought it was gonna be payback time but it just opened that big scar the Bulldogs left last season.

What I liked about the game was that we’ve seen new faces on the court. Pumaren was trying to juggle the line-up, probably trying to ignite something but it didn’t work out. They got good by the end though, but it was already too late and time wasn’t on their side.

Thing is, I expected so much because of what they’ve shown last Saturday. I really hope that it’s just the nerves. We’ll see this Sunday : )


MB
07.16.2010
11:30

No comments:

Post a Comment