Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Battle of the “Humans”:P

…because everyone, well, almost everyone is an animal. No pun intended.:P

Ateneo - Blue Eagles, UST - Growling Tigers, FEU - Tamaraws, Adamson - Soaring Falcons, NU - Bulldogs, and UP - Maroons? Obviously, I’m not sure what theirs is, other than it, being a color. It’s not an animal, and not even human. Everytime I see it, I always remember this certain character, alien dude from Fantastic 4, the Silver Surfer. ‘Di ba? They’re so alike!

Anyway, enough about my fascination with the Silver Surfer (I promise you, I will ask my friend, what “Maroons” mean and that popular humanlike figure, because I really don‘t have any idea).

As you’ve noticed, I’ve been keeping you updated with LaSalle’s gameplay and standing in the UAAP. I know you’ve got lots of things to do and maybe even too busy to watch, and since I’ve got nothing much to do, I might as well blog about it and keep ME busy, and YOU updated.

Good games from good teams last Sunday. They are the ones I usually watch. 1st game was the battle of the animals, Blue Eagles VS Growling Tigers. Ateneo won, but it’s actually a pretty even game. If they went into overtime, maybe UST would have won. As we all know, Ateneo lost their good players - Al-Husseine, Reyes and Baclao, but no worries (or is there?), ’cause they still have Salamat, Salva, Long, and Buenafe, who have all experienced being Champs. UST also lost key players - Ababou and Mirza but they still have Teng, Fortuna, the big guy, and the rookie (forgot the name, sorry! Will edit soon)

2nd Game - Battle of the Archers and the Warriors. It’s a very interesting game. LaSalle won with a whopping 19 points lead, 82-63. Everyone on court did their share, pretty even distribution of points, unlike the previous games.

A lot of players stood out, especially Paredes. He shoots, he scores. He assists, that person scores. Someone else shoots or tries to shoot, he gets the rebound. He did an overall good job, for a rookie. Here are some players that stood out and stuck to mind - Villanueva, Marata, Ferdinand, Andrada, Atkins, and Tolentino.

I think the reason why LaSalle won that game was because everyone really tried to contribute in terms of the offensive plays, and the defense was quite intact. Pretty even match-up in terms of height- everyone was as tall or as short(if you call 5’8” short) as everyone else.

With UE, one player obviously gave us his A-game, and that’s Paul Lee. When he had to take a rest because he suffered from an injury, LaSalle took advantage and scored some points. When he got back in, I think that’s the only time UE scored again. Unfortunately, his other teammates didn’t bring their A-game. You can’t always rely on one star player or go-to person when everything else fails.

Good job Archers! I just hope they continue the winning streak. I’m kinda worried that it might turn into a pattern: win-lose-win-lose, and 4th game is against their biggest rival. So good luck with that. It should be win-lose-win-win-win-win-’til the finals. Haha. Okay, take a rest and lose in some other games, but better get back that Final Four slot. Haha.

What I love about this game is that the Green Archers showed us that they believe they could win the game, they didn’t give up. That’s the attitude that we’ve been missing for quite some time. And I hope to see more of that attitude, and more of that belief in the coming games, especially the next!

And I really, really hope that they could bring their A-game this Saturday. Ateneo looks like they’re on rocky grounds themselves, just like LaSalle. That’s gonna be a showdown! (Hopefully!)

DLSU-ADMU rivalry- one of the best, for sure. I can’t wait to watch it.:)

July 24, Saturday
Games at the Araneta Coliseum
NU vs. UE - 12pm (2pm on Studio 23)

DLSU vs. ADMU - 4pm, live broadcast on Studio 23 (gates open at 3pm for the 2nd game)

MB
07.20.2010
8:35 am

No comments:

Post a Comment