Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hmm

Hmm, I have something to say. If you’re gonna start reading, then don’t stop ‘til you finish.

Charles, my boyfriend (hmm, that sounded good:) ), had this thing with this chick. They’ve probably known each other right before I came into the picture. It was fine with me (just as long as his FB status says he's with me :P). Just as the good girlfriend that I was, when they’re having relationship troubles, he would call me up. Sometimes I even ask him, how they are doing (bummer).


Ever since summer, I’ve noticed they’ve been going steady (you’ve probably noticed that too). Well, I can’t do anything because I wasn’t in school anymore. So I let them be.


They spend so much time together- early morning ‘til school is over. And they couldn’t get enough of it, they spend Saturdays together too. So Charles and I were left with the Sundays.


I was a little jealous. Okay, I was really jealous. He promised me it’s gonna be over soon. I hope it will. By the way, did I mention the chick’s name?


It’s “Thesis”. Haha! You can stop reading now.


Here’s the real deal.


I just got a phone call from my baby. It was about their thesis defense. I was waiting- a bit anxious (you know how a defense goes, even if the thesis is good, the panel will still grill you as much as they can. And after the grueling experience- sweaty palms, stuttering, nudging thesismates for the answer, trickling sweat down your forehead or your back. It was all worth it.


Sleepless nights, no-taking-a-bath-because-we-have-to-hurry days (eww), slight inis with thesis mates about the workload and being neurotic about everything thesis. It was really all worth it.


I was waiting for his call. I tried texting and calling him, but he wasn’t answering (‘cause he’s probably busy, stupid), so I started praying. My mom even called and asked for Charles’ full name and the time they’re supposed to defend. ‘Cause she’s gonna pray for them too, just like what she did when I defended mine. (And look what happened with my thesis, good omen huh)


I knew he was gonna do well (of course, he will!). I believe in him. I knew he put so much work into it. He gave his full effort and his time, even our time.haha:P


He called me right after. I was so happy he called me first (thanks, babe! meant a lot!). I don’t know much of the details but they did well - a couple of revisions, but it’s nothing they couldn’t fix.


Congratulations! I’m sooo proud of you, baby! I love you to bits:)


MB

07.20.2010

12:40

No comments:

Post a Comment